Seismic resistance certificate is a voluntary certificate within the framework of GOST R. It is applied to confirm the compliance of the equipment to seismic standards. The key criteria for assessment is MSK-64 scale. The document is issued after the relevant seismic testing have been performed with a satisfying protocol.
What is subject to seismic resistance certification?
Seismic resistance testing is applied to the following types of products:
- Electrical equipment (lighting devices, transformers, power convertors etc.);
- Ventilation equipment (filters, conditioners, fans);
- Piping equipment (taps, valves, shutters);
- Electrical bulk materials (trays, corners, stands, strips);
- Cables and conductors;
- Fire safety units;
- Navigation and communication equipment.
Seismic resistance testing of the above mentioned devices and equipment shall be performed in accordance with following norms and standards:
GOST 30546.3-98 Methods for determination of seismic stability of machines, instruments and other industrial products mounted at the place of use at their attestation and certification for seismic safety; ;
Seismic Resistance Testing
Our company is ready to perform seismic testing of equipment of any size and dimensions according to MSK-64 scale.
The process of defining of the seismic resistance is divided into several stages:
- Analysis of the technical documentation of devices and equipment;
- Testing performance on production areas or laboratories (the testing depends on the type of the device;
- Calculation of seismic resistance index (in cases when it is not possible to perform testing of the equipment - to put it into a vibration board, or if the testing has already been performed);
- Issue of certificate and recommendations.
In case if any violations are observed the seismic resistance certificate can be issued after implementation of plan actions for the equipment improvement in accordance with the relevant requirements.
The following documents are required for the seismic resistance certification:
- Product description, technical conditions, GOST for production, drawings and diagrams;
- Sample of the equipment;
- Client account details, copies of TIN and OGRN;
- List of the produced products.
Attek group specialists are ready to provide you with detailed information for any of your queries. Call us to get an accurate price calculation or fill in the on-line application form.