Approval of measuring tools is a document containing decision of state metrological service regarding compliance of the measuring tools with the stated norms and requirements. The approval allows application of measuring tools in the fields subject to state metrological supervision and control.
Measuring tools applied in in the field of state regulation are subject to obligatory approval. Positive approval shall be decided upon by Rosstandard (Federal agency for technical regulation and metrology) based on the results of the testing.
The validity period for a series of tools is 5 years, while the document for a single device has no expiry date.
The approval includes:
- Characteristics of the measuring tool: purpose, accuracy figure;
- Identification methods for computer software applied for the tool;
- Method of check of the tool compliance with sated norms;
- Method of inspection of compliance with requirements applied to the measuring tool, its parts, software and operation conditions.
Measuring tools subject to the approval
- Counters of gas, water and electricity;
- Retail scales;
- Means of measurement of fuel consumption;
- Heat meters;
- Medical devices.
- Generators of low frequency signals;
- On-Board device;
- Bioanalytical measurement systems;
- Transducers and thermocouples;
- Gas analyzers of the air;
- Measuring tools for sanitary and epidemiological control;
- Tools for measuring of noise level;
- Pollution measuring tools;
- Electromagnetic radiation measuring tools.
- Application. Legal entity or individual entrepreneur can be applicant, while executive body shall be chosen from certification agencies authorized for laboratory testing performance;
- Development and approval of testing programs applicable to the considered measuring tool and definition of type of the measuring tool;
- Testing to check compliance of the measuring tool to the approved type standards and issue of the protocol;
- Development of draft of description of the measuring tool type;
- Approval of the testing results in Rosstandard and issue of the approval of the measuring tool type.
Testing of measuring tools and preparation of the approval document is performed in accordance with the following legal norms:
Minpromtorg Order № 970 dated June 25, 2013 on Approval of the administrative regulation for provision of service on state approval of standard samples and measuring tools by Federal agency on technical regulation and metrology;
Minpromtorg Order No.1081 dated November 31, 2009 on Approval of the procedure for state approval of standard samples and measuring tools. Requirements to the type of standard labels for standard samples and measuring tools;
Minpromtorg Order No.1326 dated November 30, 2008 on Changes in the procedure for approval of standard samples and measuring tools, validity periods and inspection frequency approved by Minpromtorg of Russia»;
Attek Group experts are ready to provide assistance in preparation of metrological certificate for measuring tools. Attek is accredited certification agency with measuring laboratory where all required testing can be performed and all documents arranged in short time on favorable for You conditions.